If you love pizza like I love pizza (pretty much more than life), then you have to try the recipe I’m about to share!
I came across a video of “The Ultimate Cast Iron Skillet Pizza Hack” & took the 1:40 to watch it. Boy am I glad I did. Here’s the nutshell version of what you need:
A cast iron skillet. (Mine is about 14″ & it worked perfectly.)
Either the fixings for homemade dough (which is what I did) or a pre-done dough.
Your choice of toppings. (We used shallots, hamburger, Portobello mushrooms, a higher-end jar marinara sauce & LOTS of cheese.)
* Prepare your dough, put a little olive oil in the skillet & drop the dough in. Coat it with the oil on all sides & cover it with plastic wrap for about 10 minutes. (Unless you went from scratch. Then, it will already be rested & ready.)
* Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
* Spread the dough into the pan & pop it into the oven for 5 minutes.
* Pull it out & put on your sauce & toppings.
* Back into the oven for about 15 minutes. (You may need to cover it with foil to avoid over-browning the cheese.)
* Let it sit for about 5 minutes, cut it & pig out!
Let me know if you try it & how you personalize your pizza!